Bildirimde Bulunurken Kullanılan Fiiller
Söylenen bir cümleyi rapor ederken, kişinin söylediği kelimelerin aynılarını söylemek zorunda değiliz. Bazı fiiller cümlenin anlamını özetlemek için kullanılabilir:
- Direct: "Oh, dear," she said, "I'm terribly sorry I'm late."
Reported: She apologized for being late.
- Direct: "Yes, you're right. I was very foolish", he said.
Reported: He agreed that he had been very foolish.
Aşağıdaki örnek cümleleri reported speech formunda yazarken, verilen fiillerin nasıl kullanıldıklarını inceleyin:
Mastar alan fiiller: advise, invite, offer, promise, refuse, refuse, remind, warn
İsim halinde kullanılan fiiller: apologize for, insist on, suggest.
Indirect speech olarak kullanılan fiiller: agree, announce, boast, claim, concede
- 1- "We're going to get married in June," she said.
She announced that they were going to get married in June.
- 2- "Don't go near that dog," she told him.
She warned him not to go near the dog.
- 3- After the meal, he said, "Please don't argue - I'm going to play."
After the meal, he insisted on paying.
- 4- "I'm sorry I didn't write," she said.
She apologized for not writing.
- 5- "Would you like to come round for dinner on Friday evening?" he asked them.
He invited them to come/go round for dinner on Friday evening.
- 6- "I think you should give up smoking," the doctor said to her.
The doctor advised her to give up smoking.
- 7- "Alright, yes, I was wrong and you were right," he said.
He admitted that he had been wrong and I had been right.
- 8- "Yes, I'll write every week," she said.
She promised to write every week.
- 9- "Shall I carry that suitcase for you?" she said.
She offered to carry the suitcase for me.
- 10- "How about going to the theatre on Saturday?" he said.
He suggested going to the theatre on Saturday.
- 11- "The newspaper report's not true," said the Prime Minister.
The Prime Minister claimed that the newspaper report wasn't true.
- 12- "Don't forget to post that letter," she said to him.
She reminded him to post the letter.
- 13- "Yes, it was a difficult exam," the teacher said.
The teacher agreed that it was a difficult exam.
- 14- "No, I won't give you a pay rise," the manager told her.
The manager refused to give her a pay rise.
- 15- "My parents have got three cars," she said.
She boasted that her parents had three cars.