İki Nesneli Fiillerin Pasif Durumu
Bazı filler cümle içinde kullanılırken iki tane nesne ile birlikte kullanılırlar. Örneğin: "give, lend, promise, send, show" fiilleri gibi. Bu iki nesneden birisi kişi diğeri de nesne olabilir.
Aşağıdaki örneklere bakalım:
They gave Susan a prize.
- They gave a prize to Susan.
Bu tip cümlelerde 2 türlü pasif yapılabilir:
- Susan was given a prize.
- A prize was given to Susan.
Bu tip pasif cümlelerde kişinin önce yazıldığı (Susan was given...) daha çok tercih edilir.
Aşağıdaki cümleleri inceleyelim:
- Everyone was lent skis fot the day. Skis were lent to everyone for the day.
- The younger children were given picture books. The picture books were given to the younger children.
- Anna and Joe were lent a car by the Watsons. A car was lent to Anna and Joe by the Watsons.
- Nathan was promised a new computer. A new computer was promised to Nathan.
- Some people were sent two invitations by mistake. Two invitations were sent to some people by mistake.
- Most of us were shown a film about Wales. A film about Wales was shown to most of us.